Enforcing documentation discipline in an organization
Documentation discipline should be enforced in an organization. All employees should have a habit of making proper documentation of/in their work.
Lets say, How documentation required in Software developer’s work :
- First, Developer must have a proper SRS( software requirement specification) before writing to code.
- Developer should write proper comments in his code because it will be easier for the other developer(who will work next on the same code) to understand the existing code in a better way.
- It is developers responsibility to properly document their software’s working means, how the software’s functionality works, prerequisite for the software etc.
Documentation management is necessary for organization because :
- Increase Collaboration & Communication
- Reliable Document Version Control
- Increase Time-Cost Savings
- Eases Accessibility
- Increase Productivity
So now the question is, How can we enforce Documentation discipline in an organization ?
- organization should consider it as integral part of work.
- Proper resources should be made available to build document management system whether its human resource or technical resource
- procedures should be set up to create or review documentation
- Management should not be lenient on part of documentation, management should never say like “ as time running short , so just create the system and make the documentation later”.
- Phase should not be considered complete until documentation is done.
- Coding should not be considered done unless its has required comment lines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Data and fact gathering techniques- Interviews, Group communication, Presentations, Site visits
- Difference Between Manual And Automated System - Manual System vs Automated System
- System definition and concepts | characteristics and types of system
- Real-life Business sub-systems -Production, Marketing, Personal, Material, Finance
- Systems models types of models - Systems environment and boundaries
- Real Time And Distributed System
- Basic Principles Of Successful System
- Role and need of systems analyst
- Qualifications and responsibilities Of System Analyst
- System Analyst As Change Of Agent , Investigator and Monitoring Guy , Architect , Psychologist , Motivator , Intermediary
- What Is Information Systems Analysis and Design?
- CHARACTERIZATION OF DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
- Examples of distributed systems
- Web search
- Selected application domains and associated networked applications
- Massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs)