IITDM - Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur also known as IITDM Jabalpur is one of the deemed institutes of India. It is also known as Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information technology Design and Manufacturing. It was established in the year 2005 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It specializes in manufacturing and designs oriented engineering education to research and give Indian goods a competitive advantage in the global market. It became an Institute of National Importance in the year 2011.
|TYPE OF INSTITUTE||Public Institution|
|MOTTO OF INSTITUTE||Born for innovation|
|DIRECTOR||Prof. Sanjeev Jain|
|LOCATION||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
It was accorded 75 ranks by NIRF in the year 2019. In 2017 and 2018 its rank was 69 and 91 respectively.
IITDM Jabalpur Courses and Fees
The courses offered by IIITDM Jabalpur include undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate in multiple specializations. It provides B.Des and B.Tech in the undergraduate level; M.Tech and M.Des in the postgraduate level. They also provide a PhD program in various streams. The duration of PG course is 2 years and the duration of the UG course is 4 years.
|B.Tech||Minimum 75% in Science Stream||JEE Main score||INR 1, 31, 580/ year|
|B.Des||Minimum 75% in Class XII Board||UCEED Score||INR 1, 31, 580/ year|
|M.Tech||B.Tech with at least 55% in any stream||GATE Score||INR 1, 25, 000/ year|
|M.Des||Bachelor’s degree with min 50%||CEED Score||INR 1, 25, 000/ year|
|Ph.D||Master’s degree with min 55%||GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR||INR 51, 400/ year|
Admissions are done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main). Then the students are admitted through JoSAA Counselling and CSAB Special Round.
The pre-requirement is that the student must have secured at least 75% in XII Board (65% for SC / ST/ PwD). Alternatively, they can be within the top 20 percentile in their respective board.
IIITDM Jabalpur provides undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate degrees. The institute offers B.Tech, B.Des, M.Tech, M.Des and PhD under various specializations.
- The institute conducts offline examination every year.
- To get admission in B.Tech you must have passed XII Boards in Physics, Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Applications, Mathematics and Biotechnology with at least 50% marks.
- Selection in B.Tech is purely based on JEE Mains score.
- For admission in B.Des, you must have to pass XII Boards in any subject with at least 50% marks.
- Selection in B.Des is based on the UCEED score.
- For admission in M.Tech, you have to obtain a bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology with at least 55% marks.
- Selection in M.Tech is purely based on GATE score.
- For admission in M.Des, a candidate must have secured a bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA from any recognized university.
- Selection in M.Des is based on CEED score.
- For PhD admission, you must have obtained a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks.
- Selection in PhD is based on GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET.
FOR BACHELOR AND GRADUATE
- JEE Main
Application Start Date: First week of December
Application End Date: first week of January
Exam Date: Second week of April (Offline) & Third week of April (Offline)
Application Start Date: Second week of October
Application End Date: Third week of November
Exam Date: Third week of January
Application Start Date: First week of September
Application End Date: Second week of October
Exam Date: February First and second week
Application Start Date: Second week of October
Application End Date: third week of November
Exam Date: third week January
Application Start Date: First week of March
Application End Date: First week of April
Exam Date: Second week of July
- Application Start Date: First week of April
- Last Date of Application Submission: Forth week of April
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates for written exam: First week of May
- Announcement of Result: -
- Admission in B.Tech of foreign nationals candidates will be through DASA.
- The total intake of candidates in case of B.Des is 30 seats.
- For admission in B.Tech candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1995.
- Candidates must be above 21 years of age for applying for postgraduate.
- If you belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH you will be given a 5% relaxation in an aggregate score of the qualifying exam.
- Applicants having M.Phil degree need not appear for the written test but must appear for interview.
- If the student comes from IIT or IIITDM Jabalpur, then he/ she does not have to appear for GATE exam, they can directly appear for the interview.
IIITDM Jabalpur Application Process
If you plan to get admission in this college, follow the below steps:
- Go to the official website of the college as provided above and download the application form.
- You can also get the application form delivered to your home by post by sending a DD of INR 500 ( INR 300 for SC/ ST) in favour of The Registrar, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, payable at Jabalpur.
- You must attach the documents listed below:
- X Board mark sheet
- XII Boards mark sheet
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet
- Master’s degree and mark sheet
- The entrance test scorecard and admit card
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- M.Phil Degree, if completed
- UGC-NET qualification certificate
- Lecturership/ JRF Certificate
- Submit this application online or sent it by post.
The average package in this college is ?4, 50, 000. If you belong to the IT departments you can expect to get a bit higher package. The next in the line is ECE. The college also provides internship to its students so that they can get a taste of the culture in the respective industry. If you perform well in the internship, you may even get job calls.